i-Customs 2020. Results
Dear participants and guests of the conference!
This year, May 21, 2020 for the first time in the online format took place VII International i-Customs Conference! Under quarantine, the conference was broadcast on YouTube, where viewers could post questions to participants from Russia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Macedonia, China, Uzbekistan and Kenya. 23 speakers presented their research on international trade, customs regulation and innovation. The conference again became the official qualifying round of the WCO PICARD Youth Forum. A full conference recording is available on our website. The international jury selected the top 10 papers that will be recommended for participation in the PICARD conference, which will be held in November 2020. According to the selection results, the winners are:
- Hanna Manuilava, Belarus, Belarusian State University of Transport, “The Rotterdam Convention and the Republic of Belarus: adherence matters”
- Kristina Voischeva, Russia, Odintsovo Branch, MGIMO University, “How can disruptive technologies help to provide customs control of cultural valuables?”
- Aggrey Shitsukane Shisiali, Kenya, Technical University of Mombasa, “Fuzzy logic model Obstacles avoidance robotic CRANE at seaport container terminal”
- Daniil Bayushkin, Sofia Mikhailovich, Russia, Russian Customs Academy, “From Е-seals to smart containers for seamless cross-border transportation of cargo”
- He Shuling, People`s Republic of China, City University of Hong Kong, “Trademark Infringement or Not? Rethinking OEM Issues in China”
- Viola Iconnikova, Kirill Gorlov, Russia, Odintsovo Branch, MGIMO University, “The role of customs attaches in customs cooperation. Customs diplomacy in the digital era”
- Ilya Dudinets, Russia, Samara State Technical University, “The use of DEA (Data Envelopment Analysis) method in evaluating the courier services performance when sending goods via international mail”
- Kurbonkul Karimkulov, Sarvar Salomov, Republic of Uzbekistan, Customs Institute of the State customs Committee, “Simplification of customs procedures is a requirement of modern business”
The following participants were also noted by a special decision:
Renata Sarvary, Belarus, Polotsk State University, “Modern IT-solutions in the International Trade”
Ivan Grekov, Russia, Russian Customs Academy, “Digital transformation of customs services and customs control for goods ordered by individuals through global trading platforms and sent in international mail”
Эти доклады были рекомендованы к участию в программе Молодежного форума конференции PICARD вне основного конкурса докладов i-Customs Conferece!
For the winners, gifts will be prepared from the conference sponsor - the company "STM", which will be sent to the owners of the first prize places after the quarantine events. Certificates of full-time round participants will be sent by the end of May.
Participants who send their reports to the correspondence stage of the conference will receive a notification of the review results after June 16. Due to the large number of submitted applications, the organizing committee increases the time for consideration of the submitted materials. Lists of recommended works for publication on the site will be constantly updated!
We ask all participants to check their mail, as we will send you personal messages during the preparation of the conference proceedings!
We thank all participants, their scientific advisers and members of the jury, as well as the entire i-Customs Conference team for organizing the event in difficult times! Thanks to our national and regional working groups in the Republic of Belarus, Samara, Tyumen and Moscow for holding the qualifying rounds of the conference!
We are glad to receive your feedback on the past event!
Ksenia Shevchenko, South Ural Technological University "Today I was a participant in an international conference on the ZOOM platform. It was very exciting, because everything was in English. I really liked speaking to people who are native speakers of this language and more. At the conference Speakers from around the world: Uzbekistan, Kenya, Macedonia and others participated. I am very grateful to my teachers Lyudmila Vladimirovna Yesherkina and Irina Anatolyevna Sergeicheva for the opportunity! "
Ljuben Kocev LL.M. Republic of Macedonia, Ss. Cyril and Methodius” University, "I would like to congratulate you on the successful organization of the iCustoms Online Conference! I applaud your effort and commitment in the preparation of the conference. Despite the strange circumstances in which we find ourselves in the past months, the quality of the conference did not suffer, and everything went smoothly. "
Yoanna Asenova, Bulgaria, D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics, Svishtov, "I would like to thank you for the assistance you provided to all participants in today's conference and congratulate you on the perfect organization!"
Olga Bobrova, Associate Professor, Department of Public Law, MGIMO-MFA of Russia, Odintsovo Branch. "Thank you very much for the opportunity to be part of the wonderful international scientific community i-Customs! Thank you very much that in this difficult situation, the respected organizers managed not only to save, but also to increase the unusually high level of the conference, the friendly atmosphere and the joy of communication!"